CS:3330 (22C:031) Algorithms, Fall 2016
CS:3330:0001: 9:30-10:45, TTh 118 MLH
CS:3330:0002: 3:30-4:45, TTh 110 MLH
||section 1: Akshay Maheshwari
||section 2: Arjun Viswanathan
||section 2: Alic Szecsei
||11-12, TWTh, 201B MLH
||3-4:30 Mon, 1:30-3 Wed, 101N MLH
||11:30-1, Mon, 12-1:30 Wed, 101N MLH
||2-3:30, Tue, 10:30-12, Fri, 101N MLH
You may make an appointment to see us outside of the regular office hours.
You may either hand over a homework in class on the due day, or
submit it to ICON before the midnight of the due day.
10/4: A bug was found in avltree.java; please go to ICON to see the details.
8/20: Welcome to the class! This web site is the place where you will see annoucements, homework assignments, etc.
Please start each question with the number of the question.
For online submissions, only a single word or pdf file is accepted. If you use pictures, please insert all pictures into a word file. Other types of files are ignored.
Each homework counts for 2.5% of the final grade.
Each project counts for 5% of the final grade.
- Homework 1 is due on 9/6/16 (10 points)
(p.42) R-1.7, R-1.27, R-1.28, R-1.29; (p. 45) C-1.1, C-1.3, C-1.14, C-1.24, C-1.30; (p. 49) A-1.10.
- Homework 2 is due on 9/15/16 (10 points)
(p.84) R-2.7, R-2.8 (Please ignore the word "level", and the tree is assumed to be proper), C-2.4, C-2.6 (using O(n) space), C-2.11; (p. 111) C-3.1, C-3.2, C-3.4, C-3.7, C-3.10.
C-3.7 and C-3.10
- Homework 3 is due on 9/27/16 (10 points)
(p.149) R-4.1, R-4.3, R-4.6, R-4.7, R-4.15; C-4.1, C-4.3, C-4.6, C-4.14; A-4.2.
- Homework 4 is due on 10/6/16 (10 points)
(p.182) R-5.9, R-5.11, C-5.2, C-5.6; (p.215) R-6.6, R-6.7, C-6.5; (p.236) R-7.7, R-7.8, C-7.6.
- Homework 5 is due on 10/18/16 (10 points)
(p.259) C-8.2, C-8.5, C-8.6, C-8.11, C-8.12; (p.279) C-9.1, C-9.2, C-9.3, C-9.10, C-9.11.
- Homework 6 is due on 10/27/16 (10 points)
(p.261) A-8.2, A-8.7; (p.281) A-9.4, A-9.7; (p.298) R-10.3, C-10.4, C-10.5, C-10.7, C-10.10, A-10.7.
- Homework 7 is due on 11/8/16 (10 points)
(p.298) C-10.1, A-10.1; (p.319) R-11.1, R-11.4, C-11.3;
(p.346) R-12.1, R-12.2, R-12.5, R-12.6, R-12.8.
- Homework 8 is due on 11/17/16 (10 points)
(p.347) C-12.1, C-12.3, C-12.6, C-12.10, C-12.13;
(p.392) R-13.6 (using recursive DFS), C-13.3, C-13.10, C-13.11, C-13.13.
- Homework 9 is due on 11/29/16 (10 points)
(p.418) R-14.6, R-14.7, C-14.4; (p. 439) C-15.1, C-15.4.
- Homework 10 is due (optional) on 12/18/16 (10 points)
(p.502) R-17.1, R-17.12, R-17.14, C-17.9, C-17.11, C-17.12.
As these lecture notes are updated before each class, please don't
download them all in advance.
- First Midterm Exam is on 10/13/16 in class, 75 minutes (25% of the final grade).
Sample solutions for section 1
- Second Midterm Exam is on 12/1/16 in class, 75 minutes (25% of the final grade).
Covered topics: Chapters 10-15, 18.1, 19.1, 19.3.
Sample test questions and answers from Spring 2016
Sample solutions for midterm 2