"MING" -- Download and source codes
- Ming is written in Open Inventor, Motif, and
C++. It runs only on Sillicon Graphics computers.
- Download the program now.
(File name: ming.tar. Size: 318K.)
After downloading, untar the file using the command "tar -xvf
ming.tar". This will create a folder ming containing
four items: A README file, an executable file "ming", a folder "knots"
containing the data files of several knots, and a folder "src"
containing all the source files of the program.
- Source codes
- The folder src in the ming folder contains the
- README: A short readme file.
- help.h: A header file used by the "help" menu of the programs.
- class.h: Contains the definition of classes.
- makefile: Makefile file.
- main.c++: Contains procedures
related to knot drawing using OpenInventor.
- ming.c++: The core of the program.
This part contains the energy minimizing process and all the related
- menu.c++: Contains the motif codes
used to create the control board and menus of the program.
- writer.c++: A procedure used to
create postscript file of the knot picture. Copied from the KED
program with permission from