The workshop Digital Technologies and Marginalized Youth: Reducing the Gap will be a pre-conference full-day workshop-format session and will be held on Wednesday, June 3, 2009 as part of the IDC 09 conference.
Position papers should address the use of technologies to empower marginalized children. Possible topics include:
- Empirical research on marginalized young people's activities with ICT
- Design, development, evaluation, and deployment techniques and experiences
- Theoretical insights in special (technological and social) conditions of the field
- Infrastructure issues (e.g., unreliable electrical supply, remote locations)
- Localization issues
- Collaboration with local experts and stakeholders
- Commonalities and differences in challenges
The workshop will provide all participants an opportunity to present their work. In addition, we will conduct activities to discuss relevant issues and plan future collaborations.
Your position paper should be in ACM SIGCHI Publications Format, should be no longer than four pages, and should be emailed as a PDF file to Prof. Dr. Heidi Schelhowe (email@example.com). At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and the workshop by the early registration deadline (to be announced).