Ph.D. Students at The University of Iowa
- Mingxiu Sui, graduated in August 2022.
Thesis title: Numerical Analysis of Stochastic Elliptic Variational Inequalities of Second Kind.
- Kenneth Czuprynski, graduated in December 2017.
Thesis title: Numerical Analysis in Energy Dependent Radiative Transfer.
Employment: Computational Scientist, Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, PA.
- Tianyi Zhang, graduated in August 2015; Co-supervisor: Jianfeng Cai.
Thesis title: Source Recovery in Bioluminescence Tomography Based on Radiative Transfer.
Employment: Shanghai Cyndi Investment Co. Ltd.
- Qiwei Sheng, graduated in June 2013. Thesis title: Some Approximations to the
Radiative Transfer Equation and Their Applications.
Employment: post-doc at Washington University.
- Joe Eichholz, graduated in July 2011. Thesis title: Discontinuous Galerkin Methods
for the Radiative Transfer Equation and its Approximations.
Employment: tenure-track at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
- Kamran Kazmi, graduated in August 2008. Thesis title: Mathematical Theory and
Numerical Analysis of Integrated Bioluminescence Tomography and Diffuse Optical Tomography.
Employment: tenure-track at University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh.
- Viorel Bostan, graduated in August 2004. Thesis title: A Posteriori Error Analysis
and Adaptive Finite Element Solution of Variational Inequalities of the Second Kind.
Employment: tenure-track at Technical University of Moldova.
- Qinghong Zhang, graduated in December 2002; Co-supervisor: K. O. Kortanek.
Thesis title: The Interior Point Method for Variational Inequalities and Perfect Duality
for Semidefinite Program. Employment: tenure-track at Northern Michigan University.
- Jiuhua Chen, graduated in May 1999. Thesis title: Numerical Analysis of Some
Contact Problems for Elastic-Viscoplastic Materials. Employment: Sprint.
- Jie Chen, graduated in December 1995. Thesis title: Numerical Analysis of a Family
of Parabolic Variational Inequalities. Employment: Finger Hut.