Text Retrieval & Text Mining Reading Group
Fridays 9:30 am to 10:45 am.
(3rd floor Main Library - SLIS meeting room)
Fall 05 Reading List
Spring 05 Reading List
Focus: This semester we will continue to read papers from different proceedings and journals.
Increased emphasis will be given to text mining
Students are encouraged to suggest readings aligned with their interests.
February 3, 2006:
Content-rich biological network constructed by mining PubMed abstracts.
Hao Chen and Burt M Sharp. BMC Bioinformatics 2004, 5:147
February 10, 2006:
Mining Officially Unrecognized Side Effects of Drugs by
Combining Web Search and Machine Learning
Carlo Carino et al. CIKM 2005, 365:372. (get from ACM Digital Library).
Bradley Malin. Unsupervised Name Disambiguation via Social Network
Similarity. Workshop on Link Analysis, Counterterrorism, and Security, at
the 2005 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Newport Beach, CA,
- Trawling the web for emerging cyber-communities by Kumar et al.
- Efficient Identification of Web Communities by Flake et al.
- Inferring Trust Relationships in Web-based Social Networks by Golbeck and
- Friends and Neighbors on the Web by Adamic and Adar
- Improving Knowledge Discovery by Combining Text-Mining and Link-Analysis
Techniques by Ben-Dov et al.
- Mining Indirect Associations in Web Data by Tan and Kumar