ELEMENTARY NUMERICAL ANALYSIS-22M:072/22C:072, section 132
SPRING SEMESTER 2007
- Free electronic textbook Numerical Computing with MATLAB
by Cleve Moler
himself!, the founder of Matlab.
- Matlab Help is available directly from the Help menu of the Matlab window.
- A Very Elementary
MATLAB Tutorials from Other Universities,
MATLAB & Simulink Tutorials,
MATLAB Homework Helper,
all presented by Mathworks, Inc., producers of Matlab.
Crash Course in MATLAB by Tobin Driscoll, University of Delaware.
Some Matlab tutorials from Edward Neuman
Matlab tutorial - University of New Hampshire
Matlab tutorial - US Naval Academy
Matlab tutorial - University of British Columbia
Matlab tutorial - University of Florida
Matlab tutorial - University of California at Los Angeles
Online Reference Documentation provides direct hypertext links to
specific MATLAB function descriptions (from the Math Dept, University of Florida).
- Matlab Primer (ps)
(for an earlier version of Matlab)
- Matlab 5 introduction
(ps, see also
- MATLAB Guide by D. J. Higham and N. J. Higham,
SIAM, Philadelphia, 2005 (ENGINEERING QA297 .H5217 2005)
Introduction to Engineering Programming: in C, MATLAB and JAVA
by Mark A. Austin.
- Matlab for first order ODEs
- Matlab for higher order ODEs and systems of ODEs
- Matlab for PDEs
UNIX CLASS ACCOUNTS
Selected Unix commands.
- Class directory: /group/class/m07232.
- Group you belong to and class mailing list: m07232.
- If you do not know your password go to 303A MLH.
- Accounts for students who are not majors within the Division
of Mathematical Sciences will be deleted after the term has ended!
Note the expiration date at the top of your Unix Account
- The directory for this class will be removed before the
beginning of the next term! If there is anything in this directory
that you would like to save, you must archive it to your own
RELATED READINGS FROM THE SAUER TEXTBOOK
- Sections 0.2 and 0.3.
- Sections 0.5 and 0.1.
- Sections 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3.
- Section 3.4.
- Sections 5.2 and 5.5.
- Sections 2.1, 2.2, and 2.4.
- Sections 0.4 and some of 1.3
- Section 2.3
- Section 2.5
- Sections 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5
- Subsections 13.1.1, 13.2.1, 13.2.2
- Sections 6.1, 6.2, 6.4
hmwk1.pdf due 01/31/07.
hmwk2.pdf due 02/07/07.
hmwk3.pdf due 02/14/07.
hmwk4.pdf due 02/21/07.
hmwk5.pdf due 03/05/07.
hmwk6.pdf due 03/21/07.
hmwk7.pdf due 03/28/07.
hmwk8.pdf due 04/04/07.
hmwk9.pdf due 04/11/07.
hmwk10.pdf due 04/18/07.
hmwk11.pdf due 04/25/07.
hmwk12.pdf due 05/02/07.
SOME INTERESTING LINKS
disasters due to floating-point errors.
The Flight 501 Failure.
Laurent O. Jay
Department of Mathematics
14 MacLean Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1419