NUMERICAL ANALYSIS: NONLINEAR EQUATIONS AND APPROXIMATION THEORY-22M:170/22C:170
FALL SEMESTER 2004
- The textbook An introduction to numerical analysis
by K. Atkinson, second edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1989, US$113.35
(MATH Course Reserve QA297 .A84 1989).
FURTHER READING FOR YOUR OWN INTEREST
- A lot of useful
the course, especially the lectures section and
an overview of numerical analysis
from Ken Atkinson,
the author of the textbook. Some
written by Ken.
- The definition of numerical analysis
(ps) as discussed by L. N. Trefethen.
- Two resarch level papers on interpolation:
Barycentric Lagrange interpolation
The Numerical Stability of Barycentric Lagrange Interpolation
UNIX CLASS ACCOUNTS
- Class directory: /group/class/c170.
- Class submit directory: /group/submit/c170.
- Group you belong to and class mailing list: c170.
- If you do not know your password go to 303A MLH.
- Accounts for students who are not majoring in Computer Science,
Mathematics, or Statistics and Actuarial Science
will be deleted after the term has ended!
Note the expiration date at the top of your Unix Account
- The directory for this class will be removed before the
beginning of the next term! If there is anything in this directory
that you would like to save, you must archive it to your own
hmwk1.pdf due 09/08/04.
hmwk2.pdf due 09/15/04.
hmwk3.pdf due 09/20/04.
hmwk4.pdf due 10/01/04.
hmwk5.pdf due 10/11/04.
hmwk6.pdf due 10/18/04.
hmwk7.pdf due 11/03/04.
hmwk8.pdf due 11/19/04.
hmwk9.pdf due 11/29/04.
hmwk10.pdf due 12/06/04.
LIST OF 16 STUDENTS
- Cheng, Peng
- Goetz, Jessica Erin
- Hale, Rory Ryan
- Kallemeyn (Vos), Nicole Ann
- Labath, Timothy Isaac
- Lee, Ik Jin
- Nunez, Iskra
- Pinto, Heredero Antonio
- Routsong, Marcus Ryan
- Sun, Yuansheng
- Sweet, Jesse A
- Van Laarhoven, Jon William
- Wang, Lin
- Woodworth, Jessica Ann
- Yang, Fang
- Yoon, Seyon
Laurent O. Jay
Department of Mathematics
14 MacLean Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1419
This page was last modified on .