NONLINEAR DYNAMICS WITH NUMERICAL METHODS-22M:142
FALL SEMESTER 2005
UNIX CLASS ACCOUNTS
- Class directory: /group/class/m142.
- Class submit directory: /group/submit/m142.
You can submit course work via the
coursework submission tools.
- Group you belong to and class mailing list: m142.
- If you do not know your password go to 303A MLH.
- Accounts for students who are not majoring In Computer Science,
Mathematics, or Statistics and Actuarial Science will be deleted
at the end of the term. Note the expiration date at the top of your
Unix Account Information form.
- The directory for this class will be removed before the
beginning of the next term. If there is anything in this directory
that you would like to save, you must archive it to your own
POSSIBLE READINGS FROM THE TEXTBOOK AND OTHER REFERENCES
- For the week of 08/22 you may read the historical prologue and sections 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.5.
- For the weeks of 08/29 and 09/05, on resolvents, you may also read section I.11 of
Solving ordinary differential equations I. Nonstiff Problems by
E. Hairer, S.P. Norsett, and G. Wanner,
Springer series in computational mathematics,
Berlin, New York, Springer-Verlag, 1993, 2nd rev. ed.,
Library reference: MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES Library QA372 .H16 1993.
- For the week of 09/12 you may read section 3.1.
- For the week of 09/26 you may read parts of sections 4.1, 4.4, and 5.3.
- For the week of 10/03 you may read sections 5.5 and 3.2.
- For the week of 10/24 you may read pp. 139-140.
- For the week of 10/31 you may read sections 4.1 (again), 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, and 6.6.
- For the week of 11/07 you may read section 6.7.
- For the week of 11/28 you may read sections 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.
hmwk1.pdf due 09/02/05.
hmwk2.pdf due 09/09/05.
hmwk3.pdf due 09/16/05.
hmwk4.pdf due 09/23/05.
hmwk5.pdf due 09/30/05.
hmwk6.pdf due 10/14/05 (extended deadline).
hmwk7.pdf due 10/28/05.
hmwk8.pdf due 11/07/05.
hmwk9.pdf due 11/18/05 in class.
hmwk10.pdf due 11/28/05.
hmwk11.pdf due 12/05/05.
LIST OF STUDENTS
- Alexander, Simone Volon
- Eichholz, Joseph Arthur
- Flournoy, Cecil Buford Jr
- Fontanez, Amanda C
- Gillespie, Tim Lee Jr
- Hager, William George
- Hofstrand, Andrew Martin
- Jackson, Carmen Michelle
- Johnson, Matthew Curtis
- Jungman, Rebecca Erin
- Kerr, Tyler Christopher
- Mbirika, Abukuse
- McKinney, Colin Bryan
- Mohr, Darin Griffin
- Schmidt, Samuel William
- Shi, Fei
- Small, Scott Joseph
- Tian, Feng
- Wang, Zhihong
Laurent O. Jay
Department of Mathematics
14 MacLean Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1419