Instructions for downloading and running 3d graphics locally.
- Download an archive containing my 3d graphics models, and unzip the archive. You will now have a folder called "Polyhedra-graphics" containing the graphics applets. Save it to a convenient location
- Download an archive containing the javaview program. Download the file javaview.zip from http://www.javaview.de/download. Unzip this archive. This will give you a folder called "javaview".
- Move the "javaview" folder inside the "Polyhedra-graphics" folder.
- You now need a shell or terminal window in which you can type and run commands. In apple OS X, this is a "terminal window"; in Windows, this is a "command prompt" window; in linux, it is a "shell" window. Look up instructions for obtaining such a terminal window in your operating system.
- Change the active directory in your terminal window to the folder "Polyhedra-graphics". Look up instructions for doing this in your operating system.
- Finally, you can run the graphics applets by typing "appletviewer xxx.html", where xxx stands for the name of the graphics, for example "appletviewer cube-2fld.html ". Press "return" after typing in your command. A new window should open with the 3d graphics.