Dale L. Zimmerman
Professor of Statistics
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
217 Schaeffer Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242
Phone: (319) 335-0818
Spatial statistics, linear models, experimental design, multivariate
analysis, environmetrics, sports statistics
Errata for Linear Model Theory: With Examples and Exercises, by Dale L. Zimmerman (2020), Springer.
Link to the pdf listing the errata
Errata for Probability and Statistical Inference, by R. V. Hogg, E. A. Tanis, and D. L. Zimmerman, 10th edition (2020): Pearson
1. Exercise 2.4-11: It should say "... and verify that it is positive if p < 0.5, zero if p = 0.5, and negative if p > 0.5."
2. Exercise 6.4-21: The upper limit of support for x should be plus infinity, not theta.
3. Exercise 7.6-10: Symbols a, b, and c should be beta1-hat, beta2-hat, and beta3-hat, respectively.
4. Exercise 7.6-11: This exercise is correct, but out of place. Part (a) asks for the (sample) correlation coefficient, which is not defined until Section 9.6.
5. Exercise 7.7-6: This exercise is also correct but out of place as it involves calculation of the sample correlation coefficient, which is not defined until Section 9.6.
Dept. of Statistics and Actuarial Science